CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Cupcakes 101!



After much Tony Buzan work, here's how cupcakes @ Simplebuds are made.




1. The cupcake casings.


I love to do dozens. I either choose the white casing (standard) or the brown casing (smaller ones). Depend on likings though.

2. Cupcake flavours




Currently, I'm able to bake mainly: vanilla, chocolate, nutella swirls, choc chip, strawberry and coffee cupcakes. I'll further explore to the range of flavours gradually.

3. Frosting flavour


What I can recommend for the type of frostings are as follows:


- for those who prefers mild sweetness: go for chocolate/white chocolate ganache.


- for those classics: blueberry, raspeberry jam


- for those who prefer vintage cupcake: vanilla/chocolate buttercream frosting


- for those who are plain simple: no frosting, fret not, it will be as pretty.




4. Cupcake theme & design


The crazier the idea the better. Challenge is my middle name. *Grins*.

I'll explore through my journey of bakery.



5. Packaging



Usually how I store/place the cakes are in the box. The cakes does behave if you see them in my album. So, it didn't get clumsy. As gifts, usually, I recommend ribbons or any additional stuff like crepe paper, decos like roses, extra chocolates or marshmallows in the box to give the extra ummpphh....

6. Cupcakes: delivered/collection?

The west region is the hometown. My friends collect the lovelies from there or I deliver to them as and when my schedule permits.

7. Why cupcakes?

Cos its fun. They are xclusive ideas, I create, taadaaa.... a magical creation. It's just different from the conventional birthday cakes. It's a sincere gift well thought through for that special someone for any form of event. It's cute, sexy and macho at the same time for anyone to give a big surrrppprrise. You may wish to view http://www.flickr.com/photos/simplebuds/ for some of the creations I've made via my bakery journey.

The comments I had were positive. Phew! Try it out. As I'm a Muslim, many of my alike friends are looking forward to my Halal cakes. To know more simply email at simplebuds@yahoo.com. Get the email going and I'll reply to you soon. Embark on the giving of knowledge.